2018 Got Your Six Coffee Co. Holiday Coloring Contest
My sons school does this awesome thing where they incorporate and teach Dr. Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective Leaders. It has been awesome to see my son grow under these teachings and I wanted to share and inspire others with it. At the beginning of the year he was tasked with coming up with “Wildly Important Goals” so that night my wife and I sat down at the dinner table with him to help him out with his homework. At 5 years old it was mind blowing to see him work through this process and come up with some amazing goals… Here what he came up with:
- As a family we will sit down and have dinner together 4 times a week. During this time, all electronics will be left in the other room!!
- Once a week, after dinner the family will go for a walk in the neighborhood. This goes towards another goal of living an active lifestyle
- Twice a week the family will do a family activity together. Be it playing a board game, having a movie night, cooking dinner together or having an evening of arts/crafts… we will plan out our week to make each other a priority.
That being said, we had just finished dinner a couple weeks back when we decided to have a creative night where we all sat at the table enjoying each others company while we colored. It has been ages since I have done something like this… looking back I always enjoyed this kind of stuff. For me it really helps to unplug from the stressors of life and let the creative juices start flowing so I asked everyone what they wanted to color and went up to my computer to do a google search for free coloring pages that I could print out. Being the hotrod guy I printed out a sweet Chevy Truck, Jayme wanted a humming bird which is one of her favorites, Brittan colored a cactus while Lucas colored a corvette. (Thats my boy!! *SMILES*)
It was during the fun filled time together as a family that Lucas had a wonderful idea! He said that we should have a coloring competition for the coffee company. How cool is that! I love seeing this boy grow and develop into a little man!
So here it is!!! We are going to have a Christmas Coloring Contest.
Here are the rules:
- There are two separate categories:
- Kids ages 13 and under
- Adults ages 13 and up.
- Pick one of the attached logo images, print the image to fit an 8.5″ x 11″ page and color it in a Christmas Theme. Let the creative juices start flowing. I recommend that you use this time to reflect on your blessing and to spend some quality time with your family. I promise you won’t regret it!
- Once you are all done coloring and ready to submit your entry post a photo of your colored picture on Instagram and tag Got Your Six Coffee Co and add one of the following messages:
- “Merry Christmas Got Your Six Coffee Co. Here is my entry for the Adult Coloring Contest. I can hardly wait to win a months supply of coffee and a limited edition coffee mug.”
- “Merry Christmas Got Your Six Coffee Co. Here is my (sons/daughters) entry for the Children’s Coloring Contest. I/They can hardly wait to win a $50 Visa Gift Card.”
- There are NO RESTRICTIONS to the number of entries. You just have to follow the steps above for each entry to count.
- The contest will go from 28 November 2018 till midnight on the 19th of December 2018 with the winners being announce on Thursday 20 December 2018 @ 1800 Central Standard Time.
THE PRIZES will be as follows:
- Childrens Category will win a $50 Visa Gift Card
- Adult Category will win a months supply of coffee and one of our limited edition coffee mugs valued at just over $100
It is my hope that this contest will not only provide you with a little break from the stressors of day to day life during the holiday season but that it will also bring you closer to the ones that you hold near and dear to the ones that you love and fill your hearts with joy during this holiday season. I have been to 59 different countries during my time and I can tell you this, we are blessed to live in America. There is no better place than the United States of America! To all the men and women who don a uniform of service and to all those who support them, from my family to yours, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!
~Eric Hadley, CEO/Founder – Got Your Six Coffee Co.